Each head of hair is different and unique. That means each person’s hair is going to react differently to being lightened.
We start with a thorough consultation before the appointment even begins. We will ask about your hair history, long term goals, and lifestyle to formulate a plan for both the upcoming service and for future appointments.
Balayage? Highlights? Teasylights? What does all of that even mean? Clients hear all these technical terms and think that they need to come to their hair appointment and be able to communicate what they want with technical terms that they may or may not actually understand the meaning of. That’s one of the reasons we schedule our appointments in hourly time blocks.
You don’t have to know whether you need to book a double process, a balayage, or a color correction. If the client is on a budget, we can tailor the service to fit within a timeframe that their budget allows for.
We offer a wide variety of blonding services from natural, sun-kissed highlights to bright platinum blonde and everything in between.
The health of the hair is our number one priority. We will not do a blonding service if we believe that performing said service will cause extensive and irreparable damage to a client’s hair.
During the appointment, we will use a curated selection of high-end products from Virtue Labs, Keven Murphy, and Olaplex. These are all tried and true products that we have used both personally and professionally, so we know they work like they say they do! We offer an extended selection of products for purchase online that can be shipped directly to you.
We will close the service out with a haircut and/or styling and ensure the client is 100% happy with the finished result. We will also schedule any necessary follow-up appointments.
Any client getting a blonding service should follow these steps at home to ensure they are making the most out of their investment in their hair:
- Every 4-5 shampoos, you should use a clarifying shampoo, purple shampoo, and deep conditioner (Click here to see our favourite products that we use).
- If you live in the Austin area, chances are you have hard water at home. The hard minerals in the water can start to discolor blondes and make them look dull or brassy.
- A clarifying shampoo will remove the mineral buildup from the hair and the purple shampoo will tone the blonde to keep it from turning yellow. Since both clarifying and purple shampoos tend to be drying, following up with a deep conditioner will replenish moisture to the hair.
- Avoid salt water and chlorine when possible as they can also discolor blonde hair. If you know you will be in the water for extended periods of time, apply some leave-in conditioner to create a barrier between the hair and the water to protect your color.
- If you’re using heat, use a low temperature and a heat protectant!
I would totally recommend this salon. Peyton was so amazing and so considerate of what I wanted done to my hair. This was the first time I’ve gotten my hair done and been happy with every part of it. I will be coming back again and again!
I went in for a hair cut to look my best for my sister’s wedding and couldn’t be happier with the results. I probably received more compliments on my hair during the wedding alone than I have in the previous 5 years combined!
This was my first time ever getting anything in my hair done besides a cut and I must say I AM VERY HAPPPY!! Peyton is soo awesome!! She knows exactly what to do to make you feel comfortable, beautiful and happy!! She does magic! I was very nervous to get my hair done especially since my hair has been black my whole life but Peyton really made it look just like the pictures I wanted to replicate! I would hands down recommend her to anyone nervous to get there hair done or needs a new hair stylist!!
With One Of Our Stylists